Applications for Project Grants
Cerebral Palsy Alliance’s Research Foundation (formerly known as The Cerebral Palsy Foundation) has a strong ongoing commitment to funding high quality research into the prevention and cure of cerebral palsy.
Since our Research Grant Program began in 2006, we have awarded over $5.1 million into supporting 28 innovative research projects worldwide and building the careers for 22 researchers in the field. In addition to this, we have made a commitment to supporting critical cerebral palsy conferences held globally.
All of this work has lead to a significant and dramatic increase in research funding and the Research Foundation is proud of this growth. Before the establishment of the Research Grants Program, less than $1 million per year had been invested nationally into this research area.
In addition to our partnership with NHMRC, we were delighted to provide Career Development Awards Program to some outstanding field leaders this year (2011), Dr Rod Hunt and Dr Flora Wong.
The Research Foundation of Cerebral Palsy Alliance will open the next round of the Career Development Grants Program on 1 July 2013. More information will be posted shortly.
Career Development Grants aim to:
- Encourage researchers with diverse perspectives to build and maintain careers in the field of cerebral palsy research
- Facilitate basic science, epidemiological and clinical research into cerebral palsy
This grant is an unrestricted grant to be used by the award recipient for any of the activities as listed below to assist in the recipient’s career pursuits including:
- Travel associated with conducting research or presenting research findings
- Presenting or attending a relevant research conference
- Employment of research personnel to support the recipient's research project
- The purchase of research materials and consumables related to the recipient's research project